***WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEERS AT OUR FACILITY***
Volunteering at Rhode Island Parrot Rescue is educational, satisfying, and fun! We and the birds appreciate your help. We house around 65 parrots, ranging from parakeets, cockatiels, and conures to the larger parrots, including macaws, several species of cockatoos, African greys, and Amazons. While volunteering you may be asked to help with any of the following tasks:
- Preparing and delivering fresh food and water to the parrot cages
- Cleaning water and food bowls
- Cleaning cages: replacing old newspaper and scrubbing perches and cages
- Sweeping and mopping the floors in the parrot rooms
- Socializing with the parrots and giving them treats
- Bathing birds with a warm water spray, under the supervision of a core
- Cleaning the outdoor parrot aviary, restocking them with new toys, and socializing with the parrots
- All Volunteers must commit to at least 5 hours per week, at least every other week
- Every volunteer takes a risk of being bitten and must sign a form releasing Rhode Island Parrot Rescue, from liability.
- Volunteers must show proof of driver's license/ID Card.
- Working with birds is LOUD, all the time!
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years old (15-18 years) only with a parent present.
- Assist with toy making (materials provided)
If you feel that you can handle all of the above, want to work with birds, and have the time in your life to offer to Rhode Island Parrot Rescue, then fill out the volunteer application! We need friendly faces! If you LOVE parrots but do not want to work in close contact with them we have many other projects that we'd love to utilize your skills for (IE. fundraising, administrative, carpentry, watering plants) are just a few. Please complete this form and Submit it to us. Our Volunteer coordinator will be in touch with you via email within a couple days. We truly appreciate the wonderful work our volunteers do towards making a difference in our parrots’ lives and would love to welcome you as a volunteer.