- Gift cards for Dave's Market, Stop & Shop, Shaw's, Trader Joe's, Whole Foods Market (for fresh produce for birds in quarantine...especially lorikeets)
- Braggs apple cider vinegar
- monetary donations for unexpected donations and long term medical care for some of these birds
- Extra VOLUNTEERS are needed to help in the front and with quarantine. Follow the link to apply.
|Sept. 15th the night of the Weston parrot seizure.||Sept. 29th clean, fed, and happy.|
Rhode Island Parrot Rescue formerly Lazicki's Bird House is an all volunteer 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to the intake rehabilitation of unwanted, abused or abandoned parrots. Our mission is to educate people on the proper care of parrots and parrot-like birds, their specific physical and psychological needs, rescuing companion parrots from harmful or unwanted situations and rehabilitating, when necessary, unwanted, found, or injured naturalized (free-flying) parrots; and offering these birds to qualified homes for adoption.
* Rescue: Birds are surrendered for a variety of reasons. Some come from loving homes and were loved enough to be surrendered. Others have been abused, neglected or their owners have become disinterested. We do not judge anyone who contacts us. We are here to make a positive difference by helping in any way we can.
* Rehabilitation: Upon surrender, each bird is evaluated and encouraged to eat a healthy pellet diet along with fresh fruit and vegetables. Often, medical problems need treatment, which is provided by our avian veterinarian.
* Adoption: Birds that have been rehabilitated are available for adoption. We thoroughly screen potential adoptive homes with a detailed application, interviews and home visits before any bird is released. Follow-ups are also required.
* Education Services: One of our most important goals is to educate the public about exotic birds. We are available for on-site seminars and hold customized workshops at our facility.
We are in operation 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Visits are by appointment and we are funded by public and private donations.
Want to Volunteer?
Rhode Island Parrot Rescue is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Your donation is tax deductible as allowed by law. RI Parrot is funded primarily by private donations and receives no government funding.