***WE ARE CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEERS AT OUR FACILITY***
We are thrilled that you would like to volunteer to work with the birds at Rhode Island Parrot Rescue. Before submitting an application please read all of the info provided below.
- All Volunteers must commit to at least 4 hours per week, at least every other week.
- Volunteers are expected to show up on time, and stay the entire time they commit to.
- Volunteer work is DIRTY and hard, cleaning cages is always first on the list of things to be done.
- Socializing with birds is not always easy, or fun.
- Every volunteer takes a risk of being bitten and must sign a form releasing Rhode Island Parrot Rescue, from liability.
- Volunteers who work bird fairs must be able to present well to the public.
- Volunteers must show proof of driver's license/ID Card.
- Volunteers may also be asked to assist with administrative work or fundraising
- Working with birds is LOUD, all the time!
- Volunteers must be at least 18 years old (15-18 years) only with a parent present.
If you feel that you can handle all of the above, want to work with birds, and have the time in your life to offer to Rhode Island Parrot Rescue, then fill out the volunteer application! We need friendly faces! Please complete this form and Submit it to us. Our Volunteer coordinator will be in touch with you via email within a couple days.